Hello everyone! This week, we thought we were about due for a flash fiction contest.
The picture above is your prompt. However, don’t let the looks fool you: although this is a serene photo, you will be required to write a horror story.
Now doesn’t that sound like fun?
Alright, here are the rules:
- Keep your word count between 200-700.
- The story can be violent (it is horror, after all), but please no pornographic work.
- Please post on your blog and link back to it in the comments.
- If you do not have a blog, you may send it to us as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file at: shortstory.flashfictionsociety(at)gmail(dot)com. Do NOT send a PDF.
- Do not send previously-written/published works. (Yes, that includes self-published. The point of this is to elicit a fresh story from this particular prompt.)
- Leave your Twitter handle at the end of the post so we can notify you via Twitter (and promote you) if you win.
The deadline is 11:59 PM Central Time (Chicago, USA) 5/15/2015!
Prize is a $10 gift card to Amazon.
Looking forward to reading your entries!