Hey guys! Happy Friday! …so guess what that means?
We get to do some flash fiction.
Are you excited? Cuz we sure are.
First off, the prompt:
Photo courtesy of Huffington Post.
Alright, so here are the rules:
1) Your flash fiction piece must be between 150 and 200 words. Any longer or shorter than that and you’ll automatically be disqualified.
2) You can write any genre, but please no explicit porn or gore. (Someone could get that from this picture. Trust me.) Dark themes are fine, and strong language is a-ok, as long as it isn’t hateful.
3) Submissions can be received until midnight central time (Chicago, USA). Any later than that and you won’t be considered for the contest. You can, however, post your story and look for feedback from other participants!
4) Post the story on your site first, and leave a link to it in the comments below. This way, everyone can see what you’ve written and leave feedback! If you do not have a blog or place to post your story, no worries–you can leave the story itself as a comment. Oh, and the comments are moderated–don’t worry, we’ll get to yours.
5) Leave your Twitter handle in the comments as well, please!
6) Have fun. 🙂
What does the winner get?
The winner gets the honor of being our very first author to be interviewed on the site. You’ll be able to promote your work and get links to your site as well. The interview will be five questions–so it won’t take much time–and it’ll be fun. We promise! We’ll pick the winner by the end of this weekend.
If you haven’t followed us yet, you can subscribe to the blog, follow us on Twitter, or link to us on your blog. Whatever floats your boat!