As people who are passionate about short stories and flash fiction, we want to showcase the talents of authors and writers who also appreciate short fiction. Sometimes, this means that we might take a guest post or infographic that deals with these topics.
So if you have a post of infographic that you think would be a good fit for our site, that’s great! But we also have a few guidelines that we’d like you to follow before you email us. So check out the list below to get the ground rules.
We prefer to keep content about short fiction.
In fact, we’d like to stress that we much prefer this content over any other topics. However, we will occasionally accept posts that aren’t strictly about short fiction. Such topics could include general writing tips, facts about authors or books, or indie author social media strategies.
If you want to submit an infographic, please remember:
- We’d appreciate a shout out or link back for hosting your image. Nothing big, just some co-promotion.
- Don’t submit things with inappropriate images or language.
- Images and text must be high-quality and easy to read. Unprofessional images are likely to be rejected.
If you want to submit a guest post, please remember:
- As with infographics, we’d appreciate a shout out or link back for posting your work. We just ask for a little co-promotion.
- We do not want posts that are over 1500 words. These just get too long for people to read. On the other hand, try to keep them to a 500 word minimum.
- Please proofread the post before you submit it. We do reserve the right to do some light editing if mistakes are found, or for length or formatting.
- Again, we want to stress that we much prefer topics about short fiction. But if you have another post that you think might fit with our theme, you can always ask. Such topics might include tips on writing in general, indie author resources, or expert round-up posts with advice or information.
Submit your inquiries to shortstory(dot)flashfictionsociety(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks!