Is anyone else getting sick of this unending winter? (No, those who live in tropical and mild climates, we don’t need to hear your bragging right now, thanks. 😉 )
Well, The Short Story and Flash Fiction Society would like to propose a deal.
How about a short story contest? One where you can choose from 110 writing prompts. One where you can win a $10 payment via PayPal (or another currency, if you prefer). Your winning story will, of course, be promoted through a post on the SSFFS site, and we’ll tweet about it, too.
So how do you get started with this exciting project? Let’s go over the rules:
- You must choose a prompt from our ebook 110 Writing Prompts. If you already own it, great! If you haven’t purchased it yet, go here and do so. You’ll get a link in your email to download the book. Any prompt from the book is fine, but do not submit explicit porn or gore. Think the book as an entry fee–and YOU get to keep all the extra prompts when the contest is over. That’s 109 more stories you can write. Pretty good deal, right?
- Must be no longer than 1500 words in length; we request works between 1000-1500. (Please do not email asking if 950 words is okay or if 1510 is okay. You’ve got a 500 word range to work with–so make the most of it!)
- This work must be original. Please do not submit anything you’ve published before. Especially since the prompt has to come from our ebook. 😉
- Post the story on your blog and leave a comment here with the link. If you do not have a blog, you may email us your story at shortstory.flashfictionsociety@gmail(dot)com. Formats accepted include .doc, .docx, .rtf. DO NOT SEND A PDF. We’ll confirm receipt.
- Do NOT post your full story in the comments (just a link to it, if it’s on your blog). If you do this, your comment will be deleted.
- After you’ve bought the book and entered, you cannot request to change your story. There will be no refunds if you suddenly want to withdraw. So make sure you’re 100% confident before you submit!
- You may only enter once.
- You have until 11:59 pm Chicago Central Time US, February 27th, to complete your story.
Good luck! We’ve had wonderful entries in the past, and we’re confident that you can bring these prompts to life!
Again, please purchase the ebook here first. You will be emailed a link to download the book. Make sure to check spam folders if you don’t see it right away!