Hi all! Time for another Friday Flash Fiction event 🙂
This week we have… well, what do we have here? A tree. Or so it seems…
If you need a bit of help thinking of topics, consider:
What emotions does this trigger in you? Where do you imagine this tree to be–a fantasy realm, an alien planet, or in your victim’s backyard? Do you think it’s friendly or a sign of something darker to come?
Alright, here are the rules!
- Keep your word count between 200-250
- The story can be written in any genre.
- Please post on your blog and link back to it in the comments.
- If you do not have a blog, you may send it to us as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file at: shortstory.flashfictionsociety(at)gmail(dot)com.
- Leave your Twitter handle at the end of the post so we can notify you via Twitter (and promote you) if you win.
Deadline is 11:59 PM Central Time (Chicago, USA) 11/14/2014!
Prize is a free short story from Deina Furth–A bite-sized tale based on a current project called Resurrection Men! It’s got dark Victorian themes, grave robbers, bar fights, and a whole lot of other great things for those who like a bit of debauchery!
Looking forward to reading your entries!