Hey guys! Happy Friday! We have another flash fiction contest for you today.
The picture above is your prompt. We want you to write about what you think happened to this couple right after the wedding. Did they have a good time? Did they realize they made a terrible mistake? We can’t wait to hear what you think!
All right, here are the rules:
- Keep your word count between 200-500.
- No pornographic work. We KNOW what tends to happen on wedding nights. 😛
- Please post on your blog and link back to it in the comments.
- If you do not have a blog, you may send it to us as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file at: shortstory.flashfictionsociety(at)gmail(dot)com. Do NOT send a PDF.
- Do not send previously-written/published works. (Yes, that includes self-published. The point of this is to elicit a fresh story from this particular prompt.)
- Leave your Twitter handle at the end of the post so we can notify you via Twitter (and promote you) if you win.
The deadline is 11:59 PM Central Time (Chicago, USA) 6/19/2015!
Prize is a $10 payment via PayPal.
Looking forward to reading your entries!
8 thoughts on “Flash Fiction Contest #9”
“Rock Cake” – http://sulcicollective.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/rock-cake-flash-fiction.html
sorry forgot my twitter handle, @21stCscribe
Thanks for the prompt! My Flash Fiction piece is here:
I’m sorry for the confusion with my twitter post. I have an entire blog post than can be accessed through the link I copied… but it doesn’t show up anywhere in my feed! My comment here was also “awaiting moderation” before it disappeared into the interwebs. Weird! I have’t been able to get any technical assistance on it…. but no matter!
I copied the whole thing and re-posted it.
Thank you for the prompt!
My Flash Fiction story can be found here:
and my twitter account is @VBchick004.
This is the first time entering this contest. I hope it does well.
Twitter handle: @George_McNeese
Hope you enjoy The Exquisite Piece of Art. https://mholloway63.wordpress.com/2015/06/18/the-exquisite-piece-of-art/
Comments are closed.