We’re excited to bring another flash fiction contest to you guys. As with last week, we have another photo prompt that should get that brain juice flowing, and we have another author interview as a prize!
Directions follow the prompt.
Photo taken from: http://www.nature-places.com/15-most-amazing-ghost-towns/
1) Your flash fiction piece must be no longer than 400 words. Any longer than that and you’ll automatically be disqualified.
2) You can write any genre, but please no explicit porn or gore. Dark themes are fine, and strong language okay, too, but no hate speech.
3) Submissions can be received until midnight central time (Chicago, USA). Any later than that and you won’t be considered for the contest. You can, however, post your story and look for feedback from other participants!
4) Post the story on your site first, and leave a link to it in the comments below. This way, everyone can see what you’ve written and leave feedback! If you do not have a blog or place to post your story, no worries–you can leave the story itself as a comment. Oh, and the comments are moderated–don’t worry, we’ll get to yours.
5) Leave your Twitter handle in the comments as well, please!
6) Have fun. 🙂
What does the winner get?
Like last week, the winner gets the honor of being our second author to be interviewed on the site. You’ll be able to promote your work and get links to your site as well. The interview will be five questions–so it won’t take much time–and it’ll be fun. We promise! We’ll pick the winner by the end of this weekend.
If you haven’t followed us yet, you can subscribe to the blog, follow us on Twitter, or link to us on your blog. We appreciate any way you connect with us!
23 thoughts on “Flash Fiction Contest #2!”
Hope you enjoy!
Thank you for your submission, Nick!
Thank you, Nicholas! 🙂
I pulled one together (398 words). You picked a great photo!
Let me know if you have any questions. Happy reading!
Thanks, Chandler! Glad you participated 🙂
Hello! I thought I’d join the party this week. Here’s my story:
And my twitter handle:
Thanks, Hannah! Glad you joined the party 🙂
I’ve entered with “Moshe’s House in Space,” at 392 words.
Thanks for the prompt and the contest!
Forgot Twitter handle: @MYDekel469
Thank you for participating, Michael! Glad to see you here 🙂
After The Storm – 386 words – sci-fi(ish)
Glad you participated again! Thanks for your contribution 🙂
Well this is almost as much fun as Sushi Ichiban, on date night, usually Tuesdays.
Good to see you back! Thanks again! 🙂
I’m giving your challenge a try.
Thank you for your contribution! 🙂
Couldn’t resist. 🙂 My entry is THE HOUR GLASS HOUSE (237 words). Kind of MG humorous flavour. Thanks for the contest and prompt!
Thanks for your entry, Adrian!
Comments are closed.